Position Title: Manager, Logistics
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Responsible for management of all logistics for events within the Light The Night, Team In Training, Special Events, Donor Development and Patient Access.
Reports to: Sr. Director, Special Events
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Additional Position Information
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Light The Night (LTN)
Metro Chicago: Act as liaison between LTN and event management company, overseeing payments schedules and event day logistics
Non-Chicagoland walks: secure event permits for each walk, preparing and submitting paperwork, develop walk course; includes creating walk and site maps, rent cargo van and trucks for event weekend and pack up all materials for each walk. Secure parking spots for trucks over event weekend
Create walk binders with event details for each walk
Manage organizing bins, t-shirts and supplies for each walk
Work with Manager, Marketing & Communications & LTN staff to create all walk signage
- Responsible for post-walk supply management and organization
Research locations for possible walk sites
Secure event needs for Kickoff, VLC and Post Walk Awards event
Work with Light The Night staff to manage logistics of 2 annual golf outings
Man & Woman of the Year
- Work with Sr. Director, Special Events to secure venues for Candidate Workshop, Cultivation Events, Kickoff and Grand Finale as well as oversee details of Mid-Point Party.
- Work closely with Grand Finale venue contact – maintain open communication with final guest count, dietary restrictions, ballroom set up, auction Set up, secure hotel room block
- Secure food, beverage, décor, etc. for Grand Finale Event – managing contracts and pick up/delivery for product
- Secure auctioneers for Grand Finale & work closely with auction check out company
- Prepare, organize and pack all materials for event day
- Rent truck for event weekend, securing driver and labor
- Manage all event day logistics; e.g. coordinating with venue management team, food sponsors, security, entertainment, valet parking, florists and compiling registration materials
- Maintain updated Man & Woman of the Year logistics spreadsheet with budget and event information
Student of the Year
- Work with Manager, Special Events and to secure venues for Candidate Workshop, Kickoff and Grand Finale if applicable.
- Work closely with Grand Finale venue – maintain open communication with final guest count, dietary restrictions, ballroom set up, auction Set up
- Secure food, beverage, décor, etc. for Grand Finale – managing contracts and pick up/delivery for in-kind products
Leukemia Cup Regatta Series
Work with Manager, Special Events and to secure venues for pre and post parties Red Sky Night and Cooler by the Lake.
Secure cargo van, tent rentals, linens, flowers and décor for event – in-kind donations preferred Prepare, organize and pack all materials for event weekend
Secure full bar for event (with help of Committee) – coordinate pick up and/or delivery
Manage logistics over event weekend – includes set up and tear down at Club, setting up linens/tent, receiving in-kind donations, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with event vendors, leveraging them into in-kind partnerships that will support LLS’s goal of expense reduction
- Secure venue, food, décor, etc. for smaller events such as Circle Research Dinner, Clinical Trials Symposium and other events as assigned
- Maintain the organization and inventory of all event supply storage spaces
- Encourage and model standard for cross-promotion amongst campaigns
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 4 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to develop and leverage new and existing relationships
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a car
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends