Summary: Pennies for Patients is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s largest Student Series program. It is a year round campaign that teaches students about blood cancers as they collect coins, host fundraisers and participate in online giving to benefit LLS. The Campaign Manager will run the program from recruitment to communication through completion.
Reports to: Campaign Director or assigned staff
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and implement all elements of assigned events, including Pennies for Patients, Pasta for Pennies, and High School Programs.
• Manage budget and control expenses to effectively meet or exceed a revenue budget of $691,000 in fiscal year 2018.
• Responsible for recruitment strategy and execution to ensure that recruitment benchmarks are met and exceeded when possible.
• Prepares elements of campaign materials, including marketing, recruitment, communication pieces, and web site updates.
• Responsible for maintaining consistent correspondence with participants including school visits (assemblies and planning sessions) and delivering high completion and retention rates.
• Manages and motivates a team to achieve annual school registration and fundraising goals.
• Works with Director, Student Series to manage existing sponsor relationships and cultivate new potential sponsors.
• Coordinates event details, including incentive design and procurement, logistics, and day of fundraising plans.
• Works with Outreach Specialists to ensure recruitment goals are met.
• Meets with key school program coordinators and hosts planning sessions, orientations, assemblies and other events.
• Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities to include the Man & Woman of the Year Silent Auction.
• Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission and its programs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning experience
• Preferred emphasis on fundraising/team management/nonprofit
• Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
• Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
• Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• Travel within Georgia.
• May be required to work some evenings or weekends.