How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The position will be responsible for day-to-day management of all LLS Social Media Channels. In partnership with internal marketing team and agency partner, will create monthly content calendars and oversee social projects for LLS and campaigns. Responsible for growing social engagement and activation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage day-to-day operations for LLS Social Media Channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube etc.), including leading content strategy, planning and development.
• Deliver social content and innovation, working in partnership with agency partners, external vendors and internal brand teams
• Be the company’s evangelist for social media and influencer marketing, leveraging industry trends and culture to become the go-to resource for marketing innovation
• Oversee social influencer strategy to drive LLS’s brand awareness (establishing stronger partnership with communications team)
• Provide social media guidance to senior management
• Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues, agencies and vendors
• Provide guidance, best practices and develop trainings for chapter marketing and campaign staff to improve social branding, digital fluency and increased efficiency.
• Manage agency partners to oversee campaign calendars and repots
• Manage social media analytics and insights to track performance and continually optimize social media executions to drive engagement and brand conversations.
• Leverage and manage social listening tools to derive insights, trends and collaborate with internal stakeholders to address opportunities and risks
• Daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and presentations.
• Help manage consolidation of local chapter social pages
• Partner with internal creative team to leverage photo/video shoots for social content creation.
• Stay up-to-date on all social media platform changes, trends and best practices (primarily Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube)
• Community management: Communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way
• Facilitating social conversations through monitoring, responding, asking questions and engaging online audiences
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 5-7 years of ongoing marketing experience
• 5+ years of social media experience
• Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree preferred ??
• Solid understanding of various digital platforms
• Experience with agency management
• Experience creating, managing and implementing marketing processes and reporting
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Travel requirements – 10-15%, including support of live events
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations