How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director, Donor Development
Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, and strategic growth plan for the campaign volunteer program which reflect the mission of the organization. This includes identification, recruitment, and retention of all chapter volunteers.
- Assess the needs of volunteers to enhance campaigns and service delivery. Identify campaign volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and write the volunteer position descriptions in consultation with staff as appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary.
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the campaign volunteer programs and services, and reflect the overall values of the organization.
- Develop and administer forms and records to document the volunteer activities.
- Develop and implement an intake, interview protocol, and onboarding for volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualification, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the organization.
- Promote the volunteer programs to gain community and corporate support of the campaigns and the organization.
- Train other campaign staff to work effectively and cooperatively with volunteers to ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision.
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities/events to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization.
- Initiate, manage and execute the chapter’s Annual Meeting (a gathering of 200 volunteers for a recognition event) in collaboration with colleagues.
- Prepare an annual report on the contribution of all campaign volunteer programs for the chapter.
- Create strategy and manage chapter Honored Hero program.
- Develop and improve chapter intern program.
- Support marketing & communications plans for chapter and individual campaigns, effectively utilizing e-marketing platforms as well as print materials. Including full ownership of chapter social media pages and evaluation of pages.
- Develop and/or update campaign advertising materials, invitations, brochures, templates (proposals, newsletters, postcards, presentations, etc.).
- Serve as chapter media contact. Draft and distribute chapter press releases and other media relations.
- Coordinate production of the chapter newsletter for monthly distribution.
- Write and maintain scripts for various campaign events; coach Honored Heroes in developing and delivering speeches for events.
- Create and/or coordinate production of marketing emails for chapter, campaigns and programs.
- Attend all large scale campaign events (e.g. Light The Night Walk, Grand Finale, Red Sky Night) and all other events as assigned.
- Chapter liaison to National Marketing.
- Maintain working knowledge of LLS programs, services, and campaigns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a nonprofit organization working directly with volunteers and marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to speak publicly in front of groups of all sizes
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, resourceful and committed to excellence
- Professional demeanor
- Experienced in giving presentations to diverse audiences
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and meeting deadlines
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Customer service driven
- Strong computer skills (Office Suites, Publisher, Adobe Suites, Volgistics, all social media platforms, and database programs)
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexibility to work several evenings and weekends (average 5-6 evenings and 2-3 weekend days per month).