How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Manager, Light The Night
Reports to: Senior Manager, Light The Night
Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Light The Night (LTN) is LLS’s largest fundraising campaign locally and nationally. There are 4 Walks managed by the Illinois Chapter including Chicago, Western Suburbs, North Shore and Rockford. This position is primarily responsible for managing the Friends & Family Teams for the 3 Metro Chicago Walk Sites as well as the entirety of the Rockford Light The Night (including; all teams/individuals, sponsorship, the volunteer planning committee and other responsibilities as needed).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively recruit and manage past and new fundraising Friends & Family Teams
- Ensure growth of the LTN Campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising elements through goal planning meetings, team hosted events and other meetings as needed
- Identify, cultivate and lead campaign teams and participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of teams and participants
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for LTN, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, timelines, etc.
- Manage all aspects of the Illinois Chapter’s LTN Walk in Rockford
- Manage Rockford volunteer planning committee including at least 1 in-person meeting each month
- Identify, build and cultivate relationships with community leaders to promote growth and new partnerships
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising events, overseeing activities, staff, vendors and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolutions of problems.
- Work collaboratively with LTN staff and other LLS departments across the chapter in order to achieve desired fundraising goals
- Collaborate and partner on shared services including logistics, marketing, volunteers and operations to ensure campaign standards are being met and a high-level of event day experience is achieved
- Assist with annual chapter events as assigned
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Light The Night
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At least four 2-4 years of experience in nonprofit event-based fundraising
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, resourceful and committed to excellence
Experienced in giving presentations to multiple audiences
Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and meeting deadlines
Highly organized and strong attention to detail
Customer service driven
Solid computer skills
Valid driver’s license
Flexibility to work several evenings and weekends