How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Coordinator, Mission Operations is an essential operation and logistic position within the LLS PedAL Initiative (“PedAL”) and Patient Financial Assistance (“PFA”) teams. The Coordinator performs diverse projects and activities that support and enhance LLS’s Mission.
• Provides support to day-to-day operations of PedAL and PFA teams.
• Prepares, maintains and updates various reports.
• Coordinates and ensures timely processing of invoices and PedAL Leadership team expenses.
• Coordinates and maintains financial records, files and databases.
• Coordinates the communication of financial information to appropriate staff.
• Assist in the development of program materials, including assembly and distribution.
• Assists in the coordination of internal and external meetings.
• Performs additional support functions or special projects, as necessary, to implement strategic objectives of PedAL and PFA.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum two years of related experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and move each forward in timely fashion.
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong problem-solving, priority-setting, and decision-making skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations