Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Basic Function: The Illinois Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a Senior Fundraising Campaign Director to lead their special events department. The department includes the following campaigns: Man & Woman of the Year (www.mwoy.org), Leukemia Cups Series (www.leukemiacup.org), and Students of the Year (www.studentsoftheyyear.org). In 2018, the entire special events department raised $1.5 million.
- Implement the comprehensive strategic plan for all special events campaigns which includes organizational best practices, specific revenue and expense budget, timeline, volunteer activities and recruitment, sponsorship plan for each event.
- Direct management of two staff members, Senior Campaign Manager and Campaign Manager.
- Build and manage volunteer Leadership Committees with community leaders.
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of special events.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain and upgrade event donors/participants.
- Utilize proven promotional activities ensuring the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of special events campaigns, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Ensure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Work with Logistics Manager to plan campaign events.
- Work with Marketing and Volunteer Manager to develop marketing and communications plans, materials, volunteer recruitment, etc.
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years fundraising experience or sales experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and cultivation
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel up to 20%. (local travel only)
- Required to work evenings or weekends.