How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The Prospect Researcher is responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation.
• Assess a potential donor’s capacity and propensity to donate
• Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of resources
• Proactively and independently plan and execute creative strategies to identify sources of major gift private support using creative research techniques and electronic searching methodologies to ensure that major gift officers have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
• Develop and execute strategies to ensure that newly identified prospects are presented and assigned to appropriate major gift officers in a timely manner.
• Supports the implementation of a written, time- and revenue-based plan for research, identification, cultivation, proposal development, solicitation, and stewardship of individual, corporate, and foundation major gifts.
• Monitors trends in under $10K giving, leveraging available resources to coordinate year-end solicitations, as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements: