How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
This position will provide front-line user support (consultation, training, documentation, etc.) to the organization for hardware, software and other computer related services and issues.
*Please note this is a FT Temporary position that will last up to 9-12 months paid through a staffing agency and assigned to work at LLS. This assignment is 35 hours a week.
Internal: (Include important interactions with LLS staff [National Office and chapters] and volunteer leadership.)
• Responsible for Home Office and chapter hardware and software support (installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, etc.)
• Provides heavy phone support to the organization on a variety of PC related services.
• Performs hardware/software troubleshooting in a standalone, remote and networked environment.
• Responsible for setting up, configuring and troubleshooting laptops, desktops and printers and other computer peripherals.
• Logs all calls into the Help Desk support center site.
• Develops appropriate documentation and procedures.
• Troubleshoots and provides business support for off the shelf applications in a Windows 7, 10, Citrix environment, and cloud applications that includes but are not limited to Office365 and Box.
• Works in coordination with Network Support Team in the development, determination and configuration of network services as assigned.
• Responsible for maintenance, installation and support of various computer application software.
• Maintains an effective working relationship with chapter system administrators.
• Works with Help Desk Manager on other projects as assigned.
• Provides training as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
External: (Outside LLS -refer to those duties and interactions conducted on behalf of LLS within the general public and/or specific target audiences)
• Coordinates with national vendors in problem identification and resolution as necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability to balance multiple projects effectively
• Highly professional demeanor
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent telephone skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift and move equipment as needed
• Two to three years related experience in a computer support environment.
• Experience working with the following hardware:
Lenovo T470, T460, ThinkCentre M92z/M93z, Xerox C8045, Xerox WorkCentre 7845/5945, Xerox ColorQube 8580, HP LaserJet Printers, Cisco VoIP Desk Phones, Intel NUC, Conference room AV equipment, Mac Computers, mobile devices (both iOS and Android) and AirWatch MDM.
• Experience working with the following software:
Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Outlook 2013/2016, MS Office 2013/2016, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Box sync, Box edit, Box for office, Cisco WebEx, Java, Adobe creative cloud suite, Cisco AnyConnect, Quest KACE, Citrix, Airwatch.
• Experience working with the following protocols:
TCP/IP, WINS, DNS.
∙ Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or Associates/Technical School and/or equivalent work experience in related Information Technology disciplines.