How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Manages content and facilitates engagement of blood cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, and healthcare professionals within an LLS online patient community. Fosters an interactive, current, and supportive space for communication and exchange of information. Also contributes to the development and execution of national education programs and presentations, both online and in-person.
• Create and maintain engagement of and support for members of an LLS online community designed to increase patient access to disease and treatment information, social support, and LLS resources.
• Based on the nature of the online community discourse, develop appropriate “questions of the day” and avenues for further exploration and research.
• Monitor and engage in online social discussions in a manner that fosters energy and support; identify any content or comments that are inappropriate and take action to address per established protocol; provide appropriate resources as needed
• Work with LLS’s marketing department to promote the LLS Community through social media and other mediums and the IT department to optimize user experience.
• Work with platform vendor to ensure all aspects of platform are working optimally.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Education & Services department and with other LLS departments to connect members to relevant LLS resources and opportunities.
• Address ongoing patient privacy and security issues as they arise; bring issues to the attention of the appropriate individuals to ensure that they are handled properly.
• Track site data using LLS Community platform metrics and Google Analytics.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of the Community users’ informational and supportive needs; recommend enhancements to services and the platform as indicated.
• Collaborate with other colleagues in the Education & Services department in the creation of presentations for internal and external stakeholders. Present and represent LLS at conferences.
• Work with National Patient Education team to produce patient education sessions and podcasts at external conferences.
• Utilize lls.org content management system for creation of article content and other website content
• Support the creation and submission of grant proposals to obtain additional funding for the online Community and other related resources as requested.
• Ensure timely compliance with all reporting requirements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Physical Demands & Work Environment: